May 24, 2012

Licensing

Hi,
I've been a big fan of the Foundry nuke user mailing list for years now. I strongly suggest reading that for everyone using nuke, there are interesting topics every day, the best resource to find solution to a problem.
But this is not an advertising here. A few weeks ago I read a topic in this list, where a guy, posted a pythonscript as a solution for something. This script was written by me before, even my commented lines were there. Every character is the same with a script that I posted here before. And in that mail at the mailing list there wasn't any indication that it was not written by him, but someone else. True he didn't say he wrote it, either.
I don't expect much first because these that I share here are not the best top-notch scripts/gizmos man has ever created, but I try to do my best. And I didn't put any legal notice into my scripts, until this point. But even with these things, I expected a little mentioning if someone is using my creations to help others, even if these are tiny scripts. Something like, "okay, this is from a blog" Not even have to point to this blog, but something...
Ok, no more crying :)
So from now on, I put a copyright text on the blog, at links menu. Of course nothing else will change, I will post my tools as I can.
Hope this post doesn't bothers you, I just had to do.
Cheers,
Gabor

No comments:

Post a Comment